Friday, July 16, 2010

Ride of the CENTURY!

The other day, I awoke to a challenge nobody has ever experienced before. Well, that's a total lie because thousands if not millions of people have completed the challenge, but oh well. We had just finished building in South Bend, Indiana, and needed to get to Chicago. There was just one problem. Chicago was 105 miles away. "What did you do?" you are thinking. "Did you hitchhike? Break the trip into two days? Lay down and cry?" Nay I say to you. We just got on our bikes and rode, and i completed my first century ride. Now, had the weather sucked, the ride would have been awful as well, but we really lucked out. We had a tailwind for most of the ride (our first of the trip), and everyone knocked out the first 40 miles in just over two hours! When we got into Chicago, we got to ride in on the Lakeshore Path, which was so nice. The view of the city was incredible. In the city, I met up with some friends from camp and ran into a good friend who I haven't seen in years. She was working at our host church! Crazy! Chicago was by far the best ride of the trip, and I'm so excited to say I have finished my first century and lived to tell about it. Of course, that will be nothing when we ride 119 in the wind in North Dakota. For now, we'll just pretend like that isn't going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment